TIMOTHY R. TRIPP
Attorney at Law
Timothy Tripp first entered the legal profession prior to law school when he served in the United States Department of Justice. At the Justice Department, Tim assisted trial teams in several significant tax shelter cases which the United States successfully litigated. Tim also worked for the firm Kaye Scholer LLP and assisted trial teams in a variety of civil litigation matters in federal courts.
During law school, Tim finished in the top three of his graduating class for public service hours performed, and was a certified student attorney in his law school’s bankruptcy clinic. Additionally, Tim interned in the Violent Crime and Narcotics Trafficking section of the United States Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia and assisted in the criminal prosecution of large murder and drug conspiracy cases.
Since opening Tripp Law Office, PLLC in March of 2013, Tim has litigated numerous civil and criminal defense matters from the Twin Cities to northern Minnesota. He regularly appears in court and mediations on behalf of his clients all over Minnesota. In September 2017, Tripp Law Office, PLLC expanded to cover northwest Ontario, including the cities of Thunder Bay, Dryden, Kenora, Fort Frances, and Sioux Lookout.
Tim is committed to serving the needs of his clients and community. He formed Tripp Law Office, PLLC to provide his clients with very affordable, first-class legal services. As a testament to his commitment to clients, Tim can be contacted anytime if you need to hire an employment lawyer, a family lawyer or need any other legal services.
When Tim is not practicing law, he can often be found fishing, hunting, or playing hockey.
- J.D., University of St. Thomas, 2012.
- B.A., University of Minnesota, Cum Laude, 2005.
- Ontario, Canada, 2017
- Minnesota, United States of America, 2012.
- Kenora District Law Association.
- Law Society of Upper Canada.
- Minnesota State Bar Association.
- Minnesota 11th District Bar Association (Carlton, St. Louis, Lake, and Cook counties).
- Minnesota 15th District Bar Association (Itasca, Koochiching, Lake of the Woods, Cass, Crow Wing, Aitkin, Hubbard, Clearwater, and Beltrami counties).
- Mitchell Rogovin Award for Outstanding Support to the I.R.S. Office of Chief Counsel, 2008.
- United States Department of Justice Special Service Award, 2007.
- Living Gideon Volunteer Public Defender Award, Sixth Judicial Office, State of Minnesota Board of Public Defense Office, 2014
- North Star Lawyer, Minnesota State Bar Association, 2013-15.